I got my first hater!
I got a negative comment on one of my podcasts. I have to admit, it stung. I don’t want anyone hating me. This person said my show had never been that great anyway and they were unsubscribing because they were offended at something I said which, according to this person, had no place in that podcast.
So, what did I do?
- I got mad about the comment.
- I read it a couple more times and wrestled with whether or not the commenter was right? Was there any constructive criticism I should learn from?
- I reminded myself that anyone who didn’t like my show could just unsubscribe and delete the episodes without ever telling me. For them to reach out and tell me means that I’m having an impact.
- I deleted that comment. There are plenty of places you can go and hate on me. I’m not going to let you live rent-free in the valuable real estate of my website with a negative comment about me and/or my show.
- I reminded myself that it’s my show. If you don’t like it, make your own show. This is mine. 🙂
So, how do you deal with haters?